Monday, June 14, 2010

Lamp Shades- The dollar store craft challenge-



So on one of my new favorite crafting blogs thecsiproject.com they have a contest going where you have to make a craft from stuff you find at the dollar store... So away I went. The kids found treasure after treasure but I had the hardest time figuring out what I wanted to do. Then I stumbled across these little night light lamp shades. But the fabric and trimming on them were UGLY!!! So home they went...

Step 1- Rip off all the creative fabric and trimming choices. Then I used that piece of fabric as a pattern to cut out from some reminents I already had. (This one goes in my kitchen)

Step 2- I then glued on the fabric and then some ribbon on the edges!

I also had to do some repair work to make the ring stay in the shade! Thank you hot glue!!!



And voila! Here is the finished shade for my kitchen. Super cute and Super Easy! And it only cost me $1 to make! Can't go wrong there :)

And here is the one I made for my little fellas room...


















8 comments:

  1. Your night light shades are so cute! What a great idea to repurpose them! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so much cuter with the fabric you chose. Good step by step too which should be easy for anyone to replicate. Well done! Following you now thru Motivate Me Monday. Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great! And if it's inexpensive, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!

    I am hosting a giveaway and would love it if you checked it out!

    Laura @ along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Love the little truck one! Thanks for linking upt= to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out adorable! Love the fabric and ribbon trim - the red is simply gorgeous! Great transformations! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you are having a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeovers. The detail on the red fabric is beautiful! I also love how they came home despite their ugliness. That's true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute! I think these are a fantastic idea and you can't beat the price! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete