Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Wall Art

So here it is!!! I finally decided on what to put above my couch in my family room (HUGE blank wall). It's kinda hard to tell what's going on exactly because of my white walls. But they will be painted during the summer. It's and empty frame I found at the thrift store. Then hanging inside is a wreath I made by gluing Lima Beans onto a straw wreath. (sounds crazy but looked so cute on other peoples blogs I had to try it). Then spray painted it my accent blue color! Voila & the whole project cost under $10! And I figure I can also put my seasonal wreathes in as well. What fun decor! So here is my prob... I don't know how to attach the wreaths. Ribbon? How should I tie it? A Hook? Just can't decide. Remember the walls will be painted soon, I think yellow. Any opinions would be much appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Love the blue color and the texture of the beans must be pretty interesting. I like the idea of a wider ribbon looped around the top of the wreath that runs to the top of the frame but experiment with the look. Bow at top? Bow at bottom? No bow? Matching bow? Contrasting bow? You will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lima beans? Really? How fun is that.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used beans & I love the blue. I think a thicker ribbon would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I totally agree with a big ribbon or maybe even some fabric??? It might also be fun to paint the inside of the frame a shade or two darker than the wall color to make it really pop! :) I love the BLUE you used! It's so current and very summery! What kind of paint is it?

    Please stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com when you get a chance to take a peek at what I've been up to. :)

    Have a super week!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete