Monday, June 21, 2010

Patriotic Center Piece

I absolutely LOVE the way my center piece turned out and it was super easy to boot! First I took a large terra potta pot base and painted it blue and red on the outside and white on the inside. I then took a large votive and glued star shaped rhinestones to it. For the firecrackers we wrapped toilet paper rolls and a paper towel roll in decorative paper and put decorative toothpicks into the tops. My daughter decorated the one in the front for girl scouts and it just fit in perfectly! And we threw in a 4th decoration we already had just to help fill it in!

9 comments:

  1. That is just so bright, fun, and festive!! Love it! I just linked up a patriotic centerpiece as well, how funny:)
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Turned out wonderful!!

    I am following you from Tuesday Tag Along!

    Love to have you visit my blog at www.critiqueoftheunique.blogspot.com

    Happy Blogging!
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping through via the Tuesday Tagalong. Come check out my blog if you get a chance, there are some great ecofriendly coupons, freebies, and giveaways! I'd love it if you would follow along on my journey to a greener life!

    Have a great week!
    Diane
    www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came by via the Tuesday Tag Along! Your centerpiece came out great. You would think being an Army family I would do more stuff like this but I don't! I might have to steal this idea!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious! I am inspired.~Karol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do a craft time at the local library and I think those centerpieces would a great fit for the group!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from TTA - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower from Tuesday Tag-Along.
    I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

    I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

    ReplyDelete