Thursday, July 15, 2010

The M

The time has come. Time to Redo the Giant M. This was one of the first crafts I made for Maddison when she was born. I love it but it is just not going to match with her big girl room. So here is the before...


I first painted it With DecoArts Dazziling Metallic Elegant finish in Black Pearl. It's a really neat color because it has a bit of Silverish glimmer to it. It's really pretty!

Here it is painted. See the shimmer in it...


I then Mod Podged on some pieces of scrap paper. I cut them in different sized squares and rectangles and pieced them together. Then I used some of the same paint and mixed it a bit with water and painted it around the edges for a little distressed look.

Then all I had left was to glue on the new hot pink ribbon and hang it! taa daa! Love it! I can't wait to keep going with her room and see it all finished!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I really love that. I can't see teh shimmers a lot, just enough to give it an elegant touch. Beautifully done. Where are you going to hang it now?

    Congrats again on solving the puzzle. You can stop by and look at your pretty picture on my newest button. Grab a copy for your blog while you're there. You can either copy and paste it onto your blog or I can send you the HTML code.

    Yes, I agree -- time to buy a lottery ticket. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete